Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yahoo! Fantasy Football ’09 available for BlackBerry smartphones

football_logo
Those who know me, know I'm a HUGE sports fan. With the NFL season less than a week away from starting, I'm about to go into sports overload - in fact, I just upgraded my home cable package to make sure I catch all the games of my favorite team (Go Bears!) now that they have a legitimate quarterback.

However, while I'm a huge sports fan and have dabbled in fantasy leagues before, I somehow never got into fantasy football (I know, it's weird). When I found out about Yahoo! Fantasy Football, I knew all that was about to change, and I demanded to be the one to reveal the application to my fellow BlackBerry® smartphone sports faithful.

Click the 'Continue Reading' link to learn more about Yahoo! Fantasy Football, now available on BlackBerry App World™.

yahoo_brady
Yahoo! Fantasy Football for BlackBerry smartphones essentially recreates the Yahoo! fantasy sports experience right on your smartphone in a slick and easy to navigate application. Here are some of the most important fantasy football features included in the application:

  • Live Scores
  • Roster Management
  • Real-time Stats
  • Add and Drop Players
  • Review Weekly Matchups

By now you're probably wondering how to get Yahoo! Fantasy Football on your BlackBerry smartphone. Worry not; I'm here to walk you through the whole process!

First, head on over to the Yahoo! Fantasy Sports webpage on your desktop browser to set up a fantasy football account and register your team. I used my cat's name as my team name; yes, my cat is named after the Chicago Bears.

yahoo_website
As a blogger, I don't have many friends or a lot of time to dedicate to anything other than blogging. Fortunately, Yahoo! Fantasy Football is there for me, allowing me to both join an open fantasy league, and rank players I'd prefer to have on my team, so I don't have to sit through a draft process. After ranking my players (feel free to make fun of my choices - Did I rank Brady too high?), I push the 'ready for draft' button and wait for my team to be assigned to a league.

yahoo2
Once my team was set up, I downloaded Yahoo! Fantasy Football from BlackBerry App World to make sure I could follow 'Ronnie da Bears' anywhere from my BlackBerry smartphone. Here's a look at my final team roster, and a look at the competition in Yahoo! Public League #877830. I'll be in first place soon!

yahoo_BB_1
yahoo_BB_3
To gear up for fantasy football action each week, I can also check the roster matchups between 'Ronnie da Bears' and my league competition. Wish me luck this week against 'macsmadhatters'!
yahoo_BB_2
I hope your fantasy football season is as successful as mine surely will be. Make sure to download Yahoo! Fantasy Football from the link below, and post any questions or comments you have about the app (or the upcoming season!) below.

Yahoo! Fantasy Football mobile website (for non-compatible BlackBerry smartphone users).

No comments:

Post a Comment