Tuesday, January 26, 2010

How do you download stuff on your blackberry pearl?


I have a blackberry pearl and a 8gb micro SD card in it. When I download stuff using the desktop manager onto the blackberry pearl it does not appear on the phone after I disconnect it from the computer. Do I need to format the memory card some how and then can I download stuff on it using the desktop manager. Or is there another easier way of putting stuff onto my blackberry pearl. If there is can you please guide me with step-by-step instructions on how to do it.



It isn't very often that you need to format the SD cards as they usually always come formatted and all. Just to make sure you can format it anyway. To do this go to Settings > Advanced Options > Media Card. You then click the Blackberry/Menu button and select Format Card.

Don't worry about using the Desktop Manager software - this only complicates a simple task. Instead plug your Blackberry into your computer and on your Blackberry it will ask you to turn on Mass Storage, click Yes. On your PC go to My Computer and under Devices with Removable Storage there will be a drive which is your media card. Double click this and then move you downloads into the appropriate folders (Music, Video etc.)

Source(s):

I work with Blackberrys and Phones

No comments:

Post a Comment