Boy Genius Reports about a long-rumored new form factor for BlackBerry phones: The combination of a touchscreen with combined with a slide-out keyboard. Here is a picture of the phone (it is of very poor quality and could also have been created in Photoshop) and more details from BGR :
This isn’t confirmed, but with RIM rumored to be exploring sliding-QWERTY devices for a pretty long time, one of our BlackBerry connects dropped some info on us and we wanted it to share it. Here’s what we know:
- It’s a portrait-oriented slider. While most people assume a device with slideout keyboard would end up being something like HTC’s devices, we’ve been told this particular handset is more like the Palm Pre in terms of layout.
- The phone will run BlackBerry OS 6.0
- The rumored device will 100% support Wi-Fi 802.11n
- The resolution unfortunately has not improved, it is still 360×480.
- No word on if this will have a touch screen, but we’d assume so, and our source alluded to this possibly being what the rumored BlackBerry Magnum/Dakota evolved into. Not saying there won’t be a Bold-like device with touchscreen, optical trackpad, and physical keyboard, but this might be released first.
- If it does have a touch screen, this could in fact be the mythical BlackBerry Storm slider — picture a Storm 9520 with a slide up Bold-esque keyboard.
What do you think? Is the phone that you want to see from RIM? Will this increase the market share for RIM?