Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tungle Looking for Beta Volunteers for New Blackberry App





Tungle, the slick cloud based scheduling tool has just tweeted that they are looking for beta testers. To get in, email bb@tungle.com and include your Blackberry model and OS version.

For those of you not yet familiar with Tungle, it’s a great app that has proved indispensable to me and excels at solving the problem of cross-network scheduling of meetings. A typical scenario is this:

  • I want to book a meeting with several people from 2 or more companies, which means I can’t see their calendars and they can’t see mine.
  • So I either decide that I’m ‘feeling lucky’, a la Google, and then send out meeting invites for a specific date and time, or I’ll start playing the ‘this date works for me…how about you?’ game.
  • Either method results in a series of wasted back and forth communications whose number is directly and exponentially tied to how many attendees will be in the meeting.
  • Eventually, through luck and determination, and lots of wasted time and effort we finally arrive at a date and time that works for all.

Tungle solves this beautifully by allowing the other attendees to either accept the meeting invite or propose different times. It really shines when most (or all) of the attendees use Tungle as your Tungle calendar can sync with your other calendars (notably Outlook and Gmail with more to follow I’m sure) which means that you can very quickly find a specific time slot that works for everyone attending.

I’ve applied to the beta and will post a review after I get it and put it through it’s paces.


© Brett for BlackBerry Cool, 2010
"

No comments:

Post a Comment