Recently I have gotten a lot of questions from the fans about BlackBerry OS 6.0. People wondering if it was actually real and what it would have in store. Well BGR got some nice little information about BlackBerry OS 6.0 from an AT&T connect. Here are some of the features he was told of summarized by CrackBerry Kevin:
- As expected, it’s an evolution of the existing BlackBerry OS
- RIM has implemented kinetic scrolling with rubber banding throughout the OS (more fluid experience)
- RIM has implemented multitouch throughout the OS – web browser, photos (including pinch to zoom!)
- Re-vamped inbox – w/ large thumbnails to identify the type of message (facebook, twitter, etc.) and features built-in RSS. BG is loving the experience here…
- Homescreen changeup: No widget support, but RIM has implemented something called Pages. BG’s explanation:
- “You can have your applications on the main page, then slide left or right to another page with different applications and browse that way. In the homescreen screenshot above, you’ll see a sliding field towards the bottom, and you can slide that up, and reveal the first page of applications, and you can then slide that to show the different groups which correspond to the different homescreen page. Favorites, all, home, etc.”
- On touchscreen device, new modal popup with gestures – tap and hold, pops up an icon set (menu) with context menu items (read full explanation at BGR).
- Updated media player, photos app and of course the WebKit browser!!
A lot of things that BlackBerry users have been dying to see. I really am excited about this new revamp version of the OS. Hopefully we will hear more about it at WES 2010 next week. Check out more of the pictures down below