There is nothing comparable to YouTube when it comes to sharing and watching videos. Having said that many BlackBerry users watch YouTube videos directly on a BlackBerry with large bucket of data plan or when connected to Wi-Fi. If you are a regular Youtuber and a BlackBerry user, check out some of these methods of watching YouTube videos on BlackBerry.
Player for YouTube App
Player for YouTube is the app you can download for free from the App World and watch hi-quality videos on BlackBerry. The app has recently updated to v 1.1 and works much better than when it was first released. The new version 1.1 adds support for high quality streams so the video looks much better than before.
- Featured, Popular, Top Rated, Newest and Most Viewed Feeds
- Playing videos over RTSP Streaming or Wifi and WAP
- Share video links by email with your friends
- Bookmark your favorite videos for easy access
- Search for videos, including saved search history
- Browse videos by Categories and Tags
- View user channels
- New features in 1.1:
Support for High Quality videos
- Support for log into YouTube to manage favorites
- Embedded video player (no longer launches the browser)
- Options screen to show more videos
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
You must have a BlackBerry device with system software 4.6 or above to use Player for YouTube.
YouTube.com has mobile optimized site which you can access through m.youtube.com from your BlackBerry browser to watch YouTube videos. This is still better way than accessing YouTube.com directly. I also suggest adding m.youtube.com in your browser bookmarks so you can access it right away without typing the URL. Recently, I have had many users telling me that browsing m.youtube.com from BlackBerry doesn’t work even through they are able to browse other sites. In this case, you are better off using any of these apps to watch YouTube videos.
Vision for YouTube App
This is one of the first app released for BlackBerry to watch YouTube videos. Unfortunately there has not been any recent updates from the developer in terms of new features or support to newer BlackBerry devices. Back in days, this app was working OK and you can still give it a try since it’s free.
To download Vision for YouTube App visit http://vision.metova.com/download from your BlackBerry browser
In case if you’ve missed, we have listed quick tip for uploading your BlackBerry videos to YouTube.
Note: These options will only let you play YouTube videos, you’ll not able to save or copy those videos to your BlackBerry. Also keep in mind that streaming videos use large amount of data hence large bucket of data plan is suggested or use it when you are connected to Wi-Fi.
- How to Upload Videos to YouTube from BlackBerry
- Bolt Browser Updated to Version 1.5
- Bolt Browser 2.1 Released with Facebook Integration, Support for HTML5 & more