My name is Theban and I’m the Product Manager for BlackBerry® Messenger. So it’s not too surprising that I’m a BlackBerry Messenger addict. I share this post with all others that suffer the same fate. To me, BlackBerry Messenger is about staying close to the people that matter most.
Maybe it’s hard to explain, unless you get into it. I’ve slowly started converting my family (immediate and extended) into BlackBerry Messenger users and I’m already noticing pretty major changes – we chat more often, I know what’s going on in their lives and interestingly we seem to meet up more often too. And it’s ever so amusing to see the few naysayers slowly switching over because they feel out of the loop and left out.
With the recently released BlackBerry Messenger v5.0, there are now even more reasons to connect with friends and family (not sure if you have BlackBerry Messenger 5.0? Read this article to identify which version of BlackBerry Messenger you are currently running).
- Reason #5 File Transfer – Share pictures, videos, voice notes and more with multiple contacts at once. Plus, you can do it quickly!
- Reason #4 Contact Status Updates – Now you can see what your friends are listening to by viewing their song titles…who knew they were such an ABBA fan??
- Reason #3 Group Creation – By creating groups of friends, family, or colleagues not only do you stay organized but you can also instantly share calendars, lists, conversations, and updates. …never forget the milk again!
- Reason #2 SMS Messages – Now, you can send text messages from within BlackBerry Messenger so you don’t have to switch back and forth between applications. Plus, you can keep your text messaging and BBM contacts all together in BlackBerry Messenger.
- …and now, the #1 reason to upgrade BlackBerry Messenger: Barcode invitations – Surely the next new fad in the Instant Messaging world and of course, my next tattoo! Easily add a contact by simply scanning their BlackBerry Messenger barcode with your BlackBerry smartphone camera (a barcode is a 2 dimensional image that is unique to each BlackBerry Messenger user.). Want to know more about BlackBerry Messenger barcodes? Watch for an article in the next BlackBerry Newsletter.
BlackBerry Messenger is free at BlackBerry App World™ or from your BlackBerry smartphone go to www.blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger and follow the on-screen instructions.
So what’s your favorite BlackBerry Messenger feature? Post a comment and let us know!