Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fieldrunners Popular iPhone Game Comes to BlackBerry


63368 Fieldrunners Popular iPhone Game Comes to BlackBerry

I am a big fan of Fieldrunners, it is actually one of the few tower defense games that I enjoy playing. It is extremely addictive since it is very simple and easy to play. I was really happy when I found out that this game is now available for BlackBerry. So I got it installed on my phone and instantly played it.

However, I was a little disappointed when I started playing it. Compared to other platform it was way too lame. One snag I did not like about it is that it runs a little slow. I am not sure though whether the case is only true with my phone or to all BlackBerry devices. It also eats a lot of space for just a BlackBerry game. It eats a whole 5mb space of my phone memory. I also do not like the controls; I had to press the letters most of the time, although it is manageable, I just need to get used to it.

Another downside of this is that it keeps on vibrating and I find this distracting and annoying. To make matters worse it cannot be changed. There are no options to turn it off. There were also times when it keeps on hourglassing, which is not cool at all. In addition to that, it does not include the Fast Forward option which is available in iPad. That is one of the things I really miss whenever I play Fieldrunners on my BlackBerry, it was one my favorite parts in this game. Although, I heard that Fast Forward will only be available at level 75, I haven’t reached that yet and I am really looking forward to it. I just hope it really does have that option on level 75.

For those who are interested to get this application you can get it for $6.99 BlackBerry App World. It might be a little pricey for all the downside it has but it is still enjoyable especially for those who haven’t played or tried it yet on other platforms like iPad.

Nonetheless, it is still an entertaining game. I just hope they will improve it to make it more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment